Weight Loss & Food Sensitivities In St Charles IL
Have you ever eaten something - a piece of cake, a watermelon slice, some cheese- and felt hungrier than before? Do you have cravings for a particular food and find it hard to satisfy your craving unless you eat that particular food?
If the answer is "yes" to either of those questions, than you probably have a food sensitivity/allergy. There is also a good chance that this sensitivity is sabotaging your weight loss goals.
How Food Sensitivities and Allergies Cause Weight Gain
- Water Retention and Water Weight gain- In almost all food allergy cases, partially digested food compounds will pass through a compromised intestinal lining and enter the blood stream. From there, they travel to tissues throughout the body where they cause local irritation and inflammation. The body in turn will try and reduce this irritation by retaining water to try and dilute the substances. As long as you eat the offending substances, you will hold on to the water weight.
- Metabolism Changes - The inflammatory response that occurs, causes the release of other chemicals that can inhibit metabolism. Chemicals released such as prostoglandins E2 can inhibit the body's ability to burn fat stores.
- Food Addictions - When you eat something that you are sensitive to, or allergic to, the body in addition to producing inflammatory substances, will also produce something called Endorphins. Endorphins are your "feel good" chemicals. Similar to the "high" that long distance runners get. These endorphins can last in your system from several minutes to hours, and once they are gone, you become uncomfortable and feel the need to eat those foods to recreate the feelings. We tend to eat those foods so often that we become Physiologically and Psychologically addicted. If we try to eat less of those foods we are addicted to, ie. calorie restricted diet, It's like asking an alcoholic to have only one drink a week. Any foods you crave a lot can be considered suspect to food sensitivities.
Food Allergies May be the Key to a Weight Problem If:
- You retain a lot of water and tend to gain several pounds in a day or two
- You have had trouble losing weight be restricting calories or exercising
- You have lost weight on diets but have been unable to get past a certain point
- You have abnormal food cravings and engage in binge eating,
Our Approach to Weight Loss
- Identify if there are any hidden food sensitivities or Allergies.This can be accomplished by running an IgG ELIZA blood test or a BAX3000 allergen sensitivity screen. The ELIZA test is the most accurate, but it will only test for a few of the most common allergens. The BAX screening is not as accurate but will screen over 8000 more substances and does not require a blood sample or needle poke.
- An intestinal detox program is started to remove toxins from your system and improve the flora and the lining in your intestines.
- BAX3000 treatment protocols are utilized. An allergy is nothing more than your immune system responding abnormally to a substance. See "What is an Allergy?" With the BAX protocols we can retrain your immune system to react neutrally to the foods you are sensitive to, thereby eliminating the inflammatory response and the water retention
- Acupuncture to regulate and normalize hormone levels, provide deeper relaxation, increase energy and improve sleep.
- Supplementation using Garcinia Cambogia
The Scientific community is excited about Garcinia Cambogia for 5 reasons:
- It acts as a Fat Blocker.
- Appetite Suppressant.
- Increase in Serotonin which helps balance moods.
- Helps in managing Cortizol the stress hormone.
- According to clinical studies, may aid in weight loss 3x greater than diet and exercise alone.
What to look for in a Garcinia Cambogia Extract supplement:
- Has the name Garcinia Cambogia on the bottle.
- Contains 60% HCA (hydroxycitric acid).
- Contains Potassium and Calcium (helps with metabolism).
- Serving Size: (Clinical Strength) 1500 MG with each meal.
- No Fillers, Binders, or Artificial Ingredients.
Dee Cee Labs Garcinia Cambogia meets and exceeds ALL the above criteria!
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). These products are not meant to diagnose, treat or cure any disease or medical condition. Please consult your doctor before starting any exercise or nutritional supplement program or before using these or any product during pregnancy or if you have a serious medical condition.
|Monday||8:30am - 6:00pm|
|Wednesday||8:30am - 6:00pm|
|Friday||8:30am - 6:00pm|
Allergy Avoidance Lists
Group 1-18 Packet
Group 1: Egg
Group 2: Milk & Dairy
Group 3: Vitamin C
Group 4: Vitamin B
Group 5: Sugar
Group 6: Vitamin A
Group 7: Iron
Group 8: Minerals and Metals
Group 9: Salt
Group 10: Corn
Group 11: Grains
Group 12: Yeast
Group 13: Animal Fat
Group 14: Vegetable Oils
Group 15 & 16: Acid/Alkaline Digestion
Group 17: Hormone
Group 18: Phenolics